For sale Trattativa riservata - Castles, Castles, prestigious properties
Sale historic castle on island .The Guglielmi Castle is one of the most prestigious properties among the castles for sale in Umbria and ItalyHomeLuxury helps you discover its value.
Castello Guglielmi for sale with land and portion of island, far from everyday life and monotony. This building was built around the convent and the church of San Francesco. The Isabella Guglielmi Castle complex rises in the southern part of the Isola Maggiore of Lake Trasimeno in Umbria on an area of property of 4.40 hectares (about 1/5 of the entire island). Castle and the surrounding park have been declared “of significant historical and artistic value” by a decree of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities in 1992 and 1995 respectively. The entire property is therefore subject to the highest degree of protection, both at architectural, artistic and landscape level.
The Castle is the main part of the complex. It is built on two main floors, with two arcaded cloisters and an internal courtyard; it is composed of over 90 rooms, some of which are very large, such as the salons, the theater hall and the former church. The property of the Guglielmi castle has a useful commercial area of about 10,000 square meters, of which 5,670 square meters are covered. Also this construction, like many other ancient buildings, has undergone a stratification of interventions in different eras (see below “ANALYSIS OF THE I.F HISTORICAL PHASES”).
The oldest part of the complex is certainly that of the main nave of the church and the rooms corresponding to the first cloister (the smaller of the two) dating back to the first half of the fourteenth century. The wall apparatus of these rooms, almost all of which are sometimes covered, is certainly the oldest of the complex, in fact they are part of the original plant. Rooms on the ground floor were intended until 1890 for service areas, cellars, barns, pantries, etc. while on the first floor there were the friars’ bedrooms.
Sale historic castle on island
The building was built in several epochs. Oldest part consists of the church and the first monastery built around 1328. The first expansion took place between the end of ‘400 and early 500 were made the second cloister, the church choir and the refectory.
Then the Marquis between 1885 and 1891 has completed a radical transformation realizing the theater, the perimeter towers. The third courtyard and many other rooms, as well as to give the castle its current appearance in neo-Gothic style.